Re: Non-Tiger battery vs alternator problem

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non-Tiger battery vs alternator problem
From: CALUMETAIR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:55:54 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/2005 8:41:48 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
rfraser@bluefrog.biz writes:

Also  with the voltmeter across the battery watch the voltage drop
when you start  the engine; anything below 9 volts and your battery is on the
way  out

Or bad battery cable connections. They too can cause a voltage drop. A  quick
and easy way to find a high resistance (bad) connection is to touch them.
Resistance causes heat. I've had them so hot that I could have burned my
finger.
 Touch lightly or use an IR temperature gun