Re: Waterpump advice

To: <PhastPhill@aol.com>, <crbernardino@mac.com>, <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Waterpump advice
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:23:59 -0500
Men- I wont bet my Tiger but I believe the timing chain cover is
interchangeable between the Mk1 260 engine and the Mk2 289 and if a person
had both covers he could buy the 289 water pump. Im sure it is easier to
find a 289 pump in case you ever broke down as locate a 260 pump. Of course
the puriest would want to maintain the 260 cover and pump but from a
practical viwepoint, it would be easier to update to a 289 fitment. Im not
sure about a 302, I would imangine anyone running a 302 would have used
their old housing and pump. Edelbrock probably has both pumps available but
an earlier question addressed the correct pump to use. AND if Paul and
PhastPhill both reccomend the Edelbrock, Im satisfied it would well be worth
the investment. Another option is to have the pump now on your Tiger rebuilt
and keep the same pump. Many are cast but there are aluminum ones available.
Im not sure what came stock, cast iorn or cast aluminum.Perhaps someone with
that knowledge would share concerning what the stock pump was manufactured
from. regards, TTT