RE: Fast & Furious garage, was new Get Smart film

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fast & Furious garage, was new Get Smart film
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:06:02 -0600
Within the confines of what they can do for the Overhauling show, their
rebuild of a Tiger probably would just amount to bolting on whatever cool
stuff they could get from the Sunbeam parts suppliers, putting in a crate
motor, and taking it to the paint shop after doing a bit of sheetmetal work.
I think that Foose has enough sense to not do an over-the-top restification
unless he got some pretty clear signals from the owner's accomplice, that
that was what the owner had in mind to begin with.

If someone was going to be doing custom sheetmetal fixups and a paint job on
my Tiger, and Foose was somehow on the list of places the car could go for
that, then I'd be hard pressed to name someone else I'd put ahead of them.
Certainly not the American Hot Rod group of bickering artistes. :-)

Theo