Re: Foose

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Foose
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:13:02 EDT
I agree that Mr. Foose is incredibly talented, maybe the premier designer
and builder of hot rods in the country, but from what I've read and heard, the
people who actually do the work each episode aren't.

For one thing, the proper curing time for primer and then paint isn't 2-3
hours or maybe overnight. I've heard about the amount of additional work that
needs to be done to these cars after the car is supposedly done by  the show's
"craftsmen" and sponsors.

Also, Boyd Coddington has a TV show, I believe called "American Hot Rod",
which has him and his workers yelling at each other for TV ratings. And then
there's another show called "Rides" that I think is much classier and  better
and focuses in on the craft of building cars as opposed to the "reality  show"
personalities.

Rodney