Re: Trunk

To: sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net, jeff.holt@gs.com
Subject: Re: Trunk
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:37:14 EDT
Jeff

Sounds like Dave's been there, done that.

Here's a ttrick to get the springs back on by yourself with no  hassle.
Assuming you have unbolted the hinge from the boot lid: hook the
end of the hinge on the spring eye, then use the hinge arm as a lever
to strech the spring until you can install the bolts through the  hinge
plate into the boot lid.  Extras hands help, but I've done this  alone.

Before that I resorted to many different ways of streching the spring
while the hinge was attached to the lid.  Then I got smart.

Dave Johnson,  working on a different type of  CAT.