Re: insulation

To: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: insulation
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:47:28 -0700 (PDT)
aluminum lined flexible insulation
sheets or the sheets of woven insulation mat

 Theo, Ive read about the aluminum lined insulation
that it is thin, has a high R value and works great to
seperate the heat from the driver if installed under
the carpet and on the firewall.
Ive also read about a type of material used to
seperate campers from the hard cold earth. Is this
material the same and if so, where is the best place
to purchase it. Ive found no matter how hot a Tiger is
in the summer if driven in cold weather you need to
block the radiator with cardboard. be sure to make a 3
sided cut so you can bend a small door open in case
you get caught in city traffic, country driving the
holes and leaks in the firewall become cold air as
opposed to the hot air that summer sends thru. In 1972
the PO of the Mk1a I bought took me for a drive and
after he allowed the carto reach operating temp, he
turned on the heater and proved to me how warm I would
be in the winter. The car did not have a hardtop and
he was very wrong about being warm in the winter, even
tho it did feel like the exhaust from a jet on the
warm spring day I took my first ride in a Sunbeam.
Hooked for life I was and I bought the car without
driving it. You Ca. guys dont have the fun of winter
and you are lucky,as Im sure you know. TTT

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs