Trunk

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trunk
From: Jeffrey Holt <dadaruso@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 22:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
The trunk is fixed! I limped around with it jammed shut for a week, but
yesterday i wanted to install the Pertronix II ignition and the Flamethrower II
Coil, so I needed to unhook the battery, which is in the trunk. So, I loosened
the trunk hinge bolts. Still no go, till I completely took off the bolts and
the hinges freed up. The latch was visible from the inside and I could see that
the top latch pin had jammed on the backside of the latch. So, it came off
nicely. I had to reattach the hinges twice, since the tolerances were off on
the sides. But then, it shut fine. And the trunk lid reattached fine with the
lid open.

And the ignition and coil went in marvelously. I was very proud of myself. It
seems to run a bit smoother. I would love to brush off the spark plugs, and
regap them a bit wider. But then, of course I could see that the plugs are
seriously buried. Is it possible to pull the plugs without pulling the engine?

How do you all do this? And thanks again to all who weighed in and to Tom Hall
who called me at home to offer help with the trunk. What a great bunch.

Jeff Holt