Re: Known 'Black Hole Tigers"

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <rootes1@earthlink.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Known 'Black Hole Tigers"
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:25:13 -0500
 Why don't we get some measurements and a list of which cars have them to
see
 if they are the same or if a dealer or owner was punching them out?
 Mark L.
Im interested in learning more. When, where and why some Tiger owners are
reporting their car has the  BLACK HOLE and others report their Tiger doesnt
have it. Norm doesnt know about any Tigers leaving Rootes w/ the hole and
its definitely strange that there seems to be at least one of each model (
Mk1, 1A and 2) reporting the hole is in their car. The car on ebay is
reported by the seller to be VIN # B9471586 and the Tiger Im sanding on is
B382002017 and both have the hole. A few other owners have emailed in and I
will compile a list of cars that have been reported and will measure the
hole(car is 20 plus miles from my home) asap. I climbed in under my Mk1(no
hole) last night and I felt like the location of the hole was over the end
of the starter and that was the only thing I could see that one could
possibly access. The tranny fill plug was mentioned but it is much farther
back than the hole, so I ruled that out. Without having an actual
measurement I was pretty much guessing the location but I feel I was pretty
close, even in guessing.THANKS to everyone who donates time and engery in
helping compile a list. I will ask the TE/AE website members to also join in
the fun, although I would imangine most are already members of this LIST.
Enjoy your evening, Drive your Sunbeam.
cheers, Tony