Re: Fuel line

To: Randy Smith <RSSmithIQ@cs.com>, Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel line
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:23:07 -0700
Randy,

What you are describing is the "dreaded" bubble flair.   They are well
made, and only finding a good source presents any difficulty.

These are readily available in many straight lengths, from Sunbeam
Specialties, and includes the fitting nuts.  I would NOT try forming one
with a compression flare tool (even though the first stage "looks"
similar to the Bubble - it is NOT the same angle.

Professional companies, like Snap-on, do sell inserts for their flair
tube tool that make the correct fitting.  I believe the Sunbeam
Specialties option ( or other BAP-GEON type distributor) carries the
length(s) you might want.   You might consider ordering the correct
lengths for the brake/clutch system, as these are not expensive, but the
shipping, and cost of tube containers (needed to protect the contents)
may cost more than the additional lines you would put in the same tube.

BTW, I believe that the tube that goes between the rear brake drums are
the standard US flared type.  These are tied to the axle to prevent
flexing, and fatiguing the tube ends.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman