Re: Tiger Breakdown?

To: "Greg Koss" <Greg.Koss@trw.com>, <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger Breakdown?
From: stubrennan@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:48:29 +0000
The hazards:  Hearing loss, driver overheating, and divorce.

Seriously, I would expect some sort of fuel deliver issue, either the points in
the original pump, or sucked up crud out of the tanks, even if recoated, from
what we've heard here recently.

Cooling could be another issue, especailly if stuck in traffic and you haven't
added all the fixes we have mentioned here.

And we can't forget the evil doings of the Prince of Darkness, who can outwit
even the best preparations.

My personal near disasters:

1.  A slightly warped generator pulley caused the belt to vibrate at highway
speed and wear a hole in the lower hose.

2.  The breather hose between the tops of the two tanks cracked and I had fuel
sloshing around the trunk.

3.  One of the brushes in a new (rebuilt) generator shattered after about 4
hours of use, 3 hours from home.

Stu