Proof I do drive my car

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Proof I do drive my car
From: "Olson, Mark W" <mark.w.olson@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:00:03 -0700
All,

I just wanted you all to know that I do actually drive my Tiger once in
a while.  I just posted my pictures from the 2005 Palo Alto British car
meet that was held last weekend on my website, www.classictiger.com
<http://www.classictiger.com/> .

On Saturday night, I got the Tiger out of her shed, and into the garage
for a quick cleaning and polishing.  The gas tank was completely empty,
so I had to run to the gas station for a quick can of gas to get her
started before I could do it.  When I got up Saturday morning, I could
smell gas in the kitchen, and the smell of gasoline permeated the
garage.  I quickly rolled her outside and was that the cardboard under
the Tiger was soaked in gas.  But the car started and warmed up ok and
the fuel gauge said I still had plenty of fuel, so I decided to risk it
and drove to the car meet.  Other than a few comments about how bad my
car smelled, it was a great day.  I got the car home, no problem, and
got it up on jack stands in the garage right away.  I saw that the plate
opposite the fuel line fittings was dripping fuel.  So I pulled the
supply line and plugged it, of course taking a brief gasoline shower in
the process.  I got the old fuel pump out, and figured my best bet was
to get a new fuel pump.

When I called Sunbeam Specialties, I learned that they no longer stock
fuel pumps.  They recommended that I contact Moss Motors, which I did.
They shipped a dual polarity unit out right away for about $150US.  I
spend most of the week in San Diego, so I'll be putting it in sometime
this weekend.  I'm just preparing myself for the second gasoline shower.
Any suggestions for how to avoid/minimize the shower would be greatly
appreciated.

I think I'll paint that stupid red coil black this weekend as well.

Mark