Re: Hi-Po 289 valve adjustments

To: Bob Hokanson <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Hi-Po 289 valve adjustments
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:47:38 -0400
Bob, I also have roller rockers, but a hydraulic cam, on the 5.0L.  So
no need to adjust, at least so far.  And I have "buzzed it to 6,500 rpm
with the stock cam peaking at 4900 rpm, and still no problem.  But of
course, I don't "buzz" the engine but a couple of times.

I happen to have a 1.7:1 ratio on my roller rockers, with stock at
1.6:1.  Cheap way to add lift, without the expense, and roller rocker,
are very efficient, cooler running, by may degrees, and do much of a
more aggressive cam.

Cost me $160 for Ford Brand stamped on the rockers, made by major mnf.

Larry