RE: Strange pieces

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Strange pieces
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:47:39 -0600
That would be the original rear transmission mount crossmember. One of the
remaining threaded holes attached the engine ground strap on my Tiger.

Interestingly, if you were to have a failure in that ground strap, then the
next time you attempted to start the engine, the return current (about 100
amps, give or take) would be forced to take one of the following paths -
probably in some sequence, as one after the other got turned to smoke:

- The 14 gauge (tiny) generator ground wire that runs from the generator to
the right front wheel arch
- The fuel line
- The throttle linkage
- The oil pressure sender line, if you put a copper one in
- The clutch hydraulic line (IIRC - I think it was all metal, no flex line)

Better check that ground connection...

Best regards,
Theo