Keith Martin Speaks Again

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Keith Martin Speaks Again
From: <mjsutter@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:33:02 -0700
Listers,

Got my October 3rd AutoWeek today. A Tiger is featured in the Market section.

Here's what Mr. Martin wrote;

RM Auctions
Monterey, Calif.
Aug. 19-20
1965 Sunbeam Tiger

Blue with black leather interior, black cloth top. 260-cid V8. Minilite mags.
Bare-metal respray some years ago as part of a complete restoration. New
wiring harness. Engine disassembled and resealed, all other components rebuilt
as necessary. Period Hurst shifter. Paint showing its age, with some rock
chips and scratches, interior shows wear but no rips or tears. A handsome
driver.

Sold at $25,300.00

With the prices of all cars touched by Carroll Shelby skyrocketing, its about
time Tigers followed suit. Created when Shelby stuffed a Ford V8 into a
Sunbeam Alpine, Tigers were the pocket rockets of their time. Its not very
difficult to turn an Alpine into a Tiger (creating a Tipine or Alger?), so be
sure you check with the experts before buying one. Three years ago this would
have been a $15,000.00 car, now we have to call this price market-correct. A
great late-series Tiger with the correct 289 engine can push $40,000.00.
-Keith Martin

Listers, maybe our day is coming. I've been watching the prices and they are
definitely going up.

Is the day finally approaching when our cars, (with a real Shelby pedigree),
will be worth more than a fake Shelby replica? Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

MS