Need help on wheel selection...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Need help on wheel selection...
From: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:44:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, I'm a newbie here.  I've read the archived emails and found some help there
but not entirely on this topic.  I just purchased a '66 mark 1A Tiger.  I have
to replace the wheels, and like the Minilites or Panasports (leaning towards
Minilites). The questions I have are:

(1) 13" 14" or 15"? I don't like the low-profile look and look of large wheels
(too contemporary looking), so inclined to go 13" (also for originality) but
understand there is a handling trade-off by not going larger.  What are the
opinions out there on this? Other considerations (autocross rules, etc)?  I
will use the car mostly for weekend back roads driving in "upstate" NY
(Catskills area).

(2) 5", 5.5" or 6" width - I prefer not to start modifying the wheel wells,
what is the largest width without modification? also is the performance
benefits overwhelming and worth modifying the wheelwell to fit a wider rim?
Should I do narrower up front and wider in the rear?

(3) What tires do people recommend, ie 185x70 for a 13" wheel, or 205x60?
suggestions? brands and retailers?

Thanks so much,
Peter

PS - can anyone identify the rims I have now (pic attached), and if they are
worth anything or junk?

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
1128555152_DQ03078_0026.jpg]