Re: Need help on wheel selection...

To: MWood24020@aol.com, laurin212@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help on wheel selection...
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:05:56 EDT
Peter,

So many variables. Condition of the frame and bodywork might work against
you depending on your Tiger's condition. Also, ride height is a consideration.
Just remember, tire and wheel selection is totally subjective.

I only saw the pictures in the CAT and STOA newsletters, but the Lord  Rootes
winner at Tigers United in Santa Maria, CA this past summer had 16"
Panasports on it and it looked absolutely gorgeous. Everything just seemed  to
fit
right on that car.

I have 14" Panasports and the "look" appears original. 14x6 front and  14x7
rear. I run 195/60-14's tires in front and 205/60-14 tires in the rear. No
body mods or rubbing. The tires I have right now I wouldn't recommend.  They're
BF Goodrich Traction TA's. I do highly recommend Yokohama's AVS  series of
tires, but you won't find them for 13" wheels.

I'm kind of thinking of jumping to 15's in the future. Good luck with your
decision.

Rodney