Windshield drip moulding

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield drip moulding
From: 65Tiger@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:50:29 +0000
Restorers,
Its been many years since I removed my weatherstripping in preparation for
repairs.  I am now putting it back together and have a small question.  Is
there any sealant that goes between the drip moulding and the windscreen
moulding?  These would be pieces 5 and 8 of Figure 2 in the Body Section (O) of
the Sunbeam Tiger shop manual.  It definitely calls out "Seelastik" for
weatherstrip to windscreen interfaces.  The order of assembly seems to be
windscreen moulding, drip moulding, seelastik, weatherstrip held together with
#7, 3/8" pan head straight slot screws.  Just curious about sealing between the
two metal parts.

Curtis Fisher (not driving in the rain and finally putting it all back in)
B9470844