Pardon me, but my ignorance is showing

To: "Tiger List \(E-mail\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pardon me, but my ignorance is showing
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:02:20 -0600
I've been complaining about the poor ride in my Tiger for some time.  New
wheels and tires and rebuilt seats helped a great deal, but it still rode
like a tank.  Several of you suggested koni or spax shocks, so I thought I'd
try that route.  Now, I'll admit I'm not much of a mechanic.  In fact,
possibly the only worse mechanic in the history of Tigers may be the
previous owner.  Anyway, I finally crawled under the back of the Tiger
tonight, and low and behold, spax shocks!  I found the adjustment screws and
backed them out to the softest setting.  What a difference!  The car has
rear suspension now, and rides 10 times better.  I don't know if the PO had
them set to the stiffest setting, but if not, it had to be close.  You could
hardly get the back end to move up and down at all.

So now I want to soften the front as well.  Problem is, the nice little
adjustment screws aren't accessible from under the car.  Can I get to them
by removing the front wheels?  If not, how do I get to them?  In addition to
being a lousy mechanic, I'm also lazy.  I don't want to remove the wheels
just for practice.  Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298
Lafayette, LA