RE: Bellhousing

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, drmayf@mayfco.com, bobdixon@frii.com,
Subject: RE: Bellhousing
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:24:42 -0400
Do we know which came first, the clutch or the flywheel?

In my experience,  it is more often the flywheel than the clutch that
tends to grenade, and of course clutch parts come out through the new
ventilation holes with the flywheel parts. It seems to me this is
contributed to by flywheel lightening, a common "power tuning" technique
amongst the thin of wallet.

Much safer to purchase a billet or alloy flywheel.

Dave