Re: Vo!vo Hi-Po Flex Fan For Your Sunbeam Tiger/Ford V8

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Subject: Re: Vo!vo Hi-Po Flex Fan For Your Sunbeam Tiger/Ford V8
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:01:08 -0800
At Tony's request  for Volvo fan information (this info has gone out before
and may be redundant):

They are found on SOME (not all - and might I add a limited "some") of the
late 60's and early 70's Volvo's with the older push rod engine that have
the desired fan. Most often it is the 142-144 (4 cylinder) or 162-164 (6
cylinder) models. I did find one on an older 122 once, BUT it had a
different part number. I have never found one on an OHC engine.
      The more common number from the 140-160 series is 683541. The two I
have also have IMP #'s OF 69 34 and 73 10 respectively (likely a date code).
Both numbers are located on the center piece. The fan from the 122 has a
part number of 653841 and a secondary number of 9144580G69. This number is
located on the attached section of one of the blades and there are no
numbers on the center piece. Regardless, that fan is identical to the more
common fan. Whether this is "factory" ( I wonder about the "144" in the
secondary number) for the 122 I'm not sure. Regardless, that fan is
identical to the more common fan. All the fans are a noticible SAFETY
YELLOW!!!