Re: Is it over yet? NO, FUEL!!

To: <garywinblad@comcast.net>, <mjsutter@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is it over yet? NO, FUEL!!
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:09:28 -0600
Gary- I dont know how hard it would be to adapt a Tiger fuel sending unit
but the summit tanks are just welded aluminum and if you are serious about
mounting one in your Tiger I think you could have one fabricated to fit the
area more precise than the rectangle tanks Summit sells. They did have a
sentenace at the bottom of the page which said the tanks are avilable in 1
gallon up size tanks but if you tok advantage of the Alpine spare tire hole
and the area between the frame rails you might be able to have one fabbed
that is shaped so the battery could stay where is is. There are batteries
availabe that have post which would not interfere with the type fuel cell Im
proposing. Of course if you are serious about the tank swap Im sure we have
a few guys who have more knowledge and can help you engineer a better idea.

Has anyone heard of a crash or someone being rearended and the fuel tanks
erupting. I can certainly see how it would be very possible for a rear end
crash to cause gasoline to spill everywhere. Dam, Im getting afraid to drive
my car, the clutch might come thru the floor board and cut a fuel line,
start a fire and since my feet might be cut off, I couldnt escape. I was
just getting over the worry of my clutch or flywheel exploding and now my
fuel tanks are exploding instead. No more, my Dr. is out of town,.Im out of
medication and Im afraid to drive my Tiger.