Pertronix question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Pertronix question
From: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:36:36 -0800 (PST)
Has anyone used specifically the Pertronix Ignitor II on their Tiger yet? I've
been told that the Ignitor II version requires a constant 12v, and some cars of
the Tiger era had a ballast resistor (or other resistor somewhere) to drop the
voltage to the points down to 6-9v after initial start-up at 12v so as not to
burn up the points.  Thus the resistor would need to be removed to run the
Ignitor II which requires a constant 12v.  This was not an issue with the
Ignitor I which could run at the lower voltages.

I just ordered the Ignitor II, but am wondering if I should have oredered the
"I" to avoid finding the darn resistor and removing it (if it exists on the
Tiger)! If the Tiger has such a resistor, does anyone know where it is located?
(When I get up to the car this weekend, I will test the voltage at the coil to
know for sure, but dont have access to the car for the next several days, and
would like to order the "I" of needed today.)

Thanks!
Peter

Peter Laurinaitis
peter.laurinaitis.wg02@wharton.upenn.edu