RE: Pertronix question

To: "'Peter Laurinaitis'" <laurin212@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pertronix question
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:57:20 -0700
I've used the Ignitor II and the Flamethrower II coil in combination, to
test my tach circuits. The ballast resistor is located up on the right
inside fenderwell where the Ware strut attaches. Whether or not you use a
ballast resistor depends on the coil, not on the Ignitor (the Ignitor module
should be powered straight from the ignition switch regardless).

The Ignitor II has essential features like a coil current shutoff for when
you have the ignition on, but the engine isn't running. The Ignitor 1 would
happily turn on full coil current for the entire time, which will overheat
the coil, the ballast resistor if you had one, and possibly the module as
well.

Best regards,
Theo Smit