re: Tiger parts book

To: Paul Memont <prmnes@verizon.net>, Tiger Group
Subject: re: Tiger parts book
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 09:20:43 -0500
Paul,

A couple of things about the parts book. If you dealt with the the same
eBay vendor that is currently advertising the parts book, it is a
photocopy, and the vendor writes that '...this is a copy...', and the
vendor mentions in the auction that anyone unhappy with their purchase
should contact the vendor. I hope that you can come to some accomodation
that works for both of you.

You notice that the pictures of the book show two different copies. One
is in a three ring binder and the pages look worn (in other words an
original parts book) and the other shows it spiral bound and the pages
look new( presumably a photostat copy of the book).
I contacted the vendor a few months ago to point out this fact, but they
still continue to use the same pictures. I would use your best
diplomatic skills in asking to return the book for a full refund or any
accomodation that works for you.

The eBay book covers cars made up until January 1967, according to the
auction. You may be able to buy a very good photostat of the Tiger /
Alpine parts book dated January 1968, probably a much more inclusive
book, from Classic Sunbeam (www.classicsunbeam.com). I bought a copy
from Curt. the owner, and it's great. Buying a later book is important
because it covers the complete production run of the Tiger, which
continued to be made until June 1967, and the Alpine which continued  to
be made until January 1968.

Finally, the pictures in the auction show just the Sunbeam Tiger
supplement. As most of the car is Alpine stuff, you want a book like
Curt's that includes both the main Alpine parts book and the latest
Tiger supplement section.

Just like the auction for the $700 L.A.T valve covers that Rick at SS
sells for far less, it's best to spend some time learning about the
individual items you need, and using this list is a great way, before
you commit to buying.