RE: rear end, manifold, and engine

To: "'Richard'" <rcsphx@qwest.net>, "'Tiger List'"
Subject: RE: rear end, manifold, and engine
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:09:11 -0500
Richard
        Mid range growl?   That does not sound good; I would suspect a
bearing.   Maybe the universal joint?  I would start checking everything
that might cause the growl, a part going bad or possibly something rubbing.

        Ford made 2 4bbl manifold for early 1965 engines from Sept 1964
through February 1965; C5OE-9425-A and C5AE-9425-M.
Generally all of these manifolds had a 3/8 pipe thread for the temp sender.

        The engine numbers are above the starter motor.   You will also find
a cast 3 or 4 digit number, this is the date code the block was cast.   Same
goes for the intake manifold, the cast date code is near the temp sender.
You will also find a stamped number at the front of the block on a flat
machined area, this is the assembly date code for the block.

Ron Fraser