Grundy

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grundy
From: "John R. Engle" <tigermaniac@siscom.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:36:40 -0500
Stu, I am commenting as both a Tiger owner and an owner of an Insurance
Agency that specializes in insuring muscle cars, street rods and race cars.
I am licensed to sell both Hagerty and Grundy insurance so I can comment on
them having had some experience.  I personally have both of my Tigers
insured with Hagerty along with approximately 1,000 other client's collector
cars for a good reason.  I have about four cars insured with Grundy, and
again, for a good reason.  I have had client's experience both collision and
comprehensive losses with Hagerty and they could not believe how well there
claim was handled.  One person even said that they could not believe that
they were dealing with an insurance company, because usually the claims
experience with many companies leaves a lot to be desired.  Anyway, from my
perspective in the business, Hagerty is heads & shoulders above anyone else
I have seen in the market.  One company I would avoid is JC Taylor.  I had a
client referred to me that had JC insurance on a '62 Chevy Impala
convertible that was stolen from a restaurant parking lot.  This guy was in
his sixties, had the Impala for about 10 years  and had other collector cars
so this was not a hinky situation where he may have bought it at auction the
week before and it was conveniently stolen a week later at an insured value
much higher that what he paid for it.  I am saying that there were no
suspicious factors present.  Anyway, he came to me in frustration because it
had been two months after his car was stolen and JC refused to settle the
claim and even sent out an adjuster that obviously did not know the
collector market due to their stupid comment about how a 40+ year old car
could be worth $25,000.  I advised him that this is not how a good company
handled things and to move his coverage after his claim was finally settled.