Re: Hood options...

To: theo.smit@dynastream.com, laurin212@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hood options...
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:48:25 EST
Peter & Theo,

When I ordered my hood from Kent Wilcox, he steered me away from the carbon
fiber. Negligible difference on weight and, if I remember correctly, he  said
it cracks just like fiberglass and it's twice as expensive. While I  haven't
installed my hood yet, it sure looks beautiful in the box in my garage.

During my research, I spoke with Steve Alcala. Again, if my memory  serves,
he said that a stock hood weighs 31-32 lbs., a fiberglass hood  weighs
approximately 24 lbs. and a carbon fiber hood is about 15 lbs. The wait  for a
Kent
Wilcox hood is about 6-12 months +/-.

Also, as noted here many times before, _www.usbody.com_
(http://www.usbody.com)  has one for about $500 and a 6-8  week wait. Though, I
haven't heard
anything positive about these hoods yet.  Again, I did this a while back, but
Kent's hood is finished (gelcoated) on  both sides and the usbody hood is only
finished on the exterior side.

I hope this helps.

Rodney