RE: Seats

To: "'Joe Parlanti'" <parlanti@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Seats
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:38:30 -0500
Stu
        I highly recommend the article that Joe Parlanti wrote; it is
excellent.    Please note that there are a couple different seat styles
which have different components and require slightly different assembly
procedures.    I recommend you read Joe's article first and compare it to
the seats you have then proceed.    If your seats are different from what
Joe presents; make note of the differences, then take good notes and
pictures of your seats as you disassemble them.

        I got most of the way through doing my seats last summer following
Joe's article; I simply ran out of time to complete the project.   One
problem you will have this time of year is getting the vinyl warm so it is
supple enough to stretch onto the seat.   I was at an upholstery shop
earlier in December and I noticed they used a hot box to warm the vinyl.
The hot box appeared to be just a plywood box with light bulbs for heat and
I would guess it also used a thermostat to maintain a constant temperature.
I do not know what temperature the vinyl needs to be for this to work.

Ron Fraser