Re: Ebay Harrington Lemans

To: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay Harrington Lemans
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:31:03 -0800
Rande,

Having been to La Jolla (pronounced "Hoya") I was entranced with the
clean, picture postcard village, with 4 to 5 exotic used car dealers.
One had ALL THREE Alfa "BAT" Disco Volante cars!!!

I am writing regarding the Harrington Le Mans (Pronounced "le-mon" !)
Can't they even spell right? ;-)

I trust you mean a privately owned Alpine based Harrington, and not a
Tiger.

As we all know, there is only 1 Tiger Harrington. Robbins and Day were a
large distributor of Rootes products. This is no great surprise, as the
family is part of the Rootes clan. I mean BLOOD relation to Lord
Rootes., as well as the Harrington design and parts he bought from
Harrington.  It was never raced at Le Mans, nor intended to race at Le Mans.

In case anyone was wondering, the Tiger Harrington Coupe was reported as
sold for $82,500 (+ commission) at an RM auction in Monterey. Another
decent looking Tiger went for $25,300 (+ commission).  This is NOT to
say it isn't for sale, again.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman