Re: Ebay Harrington Lemans

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay Harrington Lemans
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:41:52 EST
Speaking of Monterey Auctions, the new issue of Keith Martin's Sport Car
Market auction results magazine came yesterday. He and his staff are trying to
come up with a points system to evaluate investment grade cars by judging their
 beauty, desirability, rarity, etc., etc.

I don't have the magazine in front of me, but the MKII was very high up on
his list amongst the elite of cars like Ferraris, Maserati's, Lotuses,
Porsches,  etc. They called the 2 "rare and fast." It scored a B rating with a
score
of 82 out of 100. The 1962 Ferrari 250 worth on the high-end at $14M was #1
with  a A rating and a score of 98. The magazine quoted a value for a 2 between

$23,000-$30,000 for nice cars.

That would seem to be the price for a nice MKI in today's market. Eh,
they're usually conservative with their values.

Rodney