Wood Dash Finish

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Wood Dash Finish
From: "DAVID GREEN" <alpdavegre@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:39:38 -0700
Hey all,

I have been hard at work getting "Miss Kitty" 1965 Mk 1 Tiger done. Almost
there. I have been also working on my S3 GT Alpine and am making a dash for
it. I am ready to start applying the top coats. I plan to do around 12-16
coats for depth. My question is who has used automotive urethane clear on
the dash and has it held up? How long since been done? I have done "Miss
Kittys" dash with Minwax spar urethane for wood. Looks very good. Been told
the automotive finish will crack in a few years because of the wood. Thanks
for any info on this.
Dave Green B9472549LRXFE & 13 Alpines