WOOD DASH FINISH

Subject: WOOD DASH FINISH
From: Paul Memont <prmnes@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:02:29 -0500
Hi Dave,

I have yet to refinish the dash for my Tiger but last winter I did a
Rolls dash for a friend.  I used 6-8 coats of Minwax outdoor (marine?)
polyurethane.  I sanded between each one and finished off with 3 coats
of the same only from a spray can.  This made it smooth as glass.

The car was not an open top but it looked great and has had no problems.

There is a finish used on counter tops that is poured on and can be used
VERY thick, I've seen it a half inch thick with fishing flys embedded in
it.  It looks absolutely beautiful and stands up to normal use.  I don't
know how it would handle the wide change of temp and vibration.

Paul
Methuen, MA
B9473454