Re: FW: Compression

To: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Compression
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:42:53 -0800
Hi Tim:
I got one in with plenty of meat around it--the other one is
uncomfortably close to the ooze hole, but I'm gonna install the mount
anyway and see what happens.  The problem with locating the holes for
the bolts is there's that crescent shaped bulge on the back of the mount
(same side as the ooze holes, of course) and while trying to avoid that,
the ooze hole, and not get too close to the threaded stud on the
opposite side of the mount--well, it's an interesting 3-dimensional
puzzle (grin).  I tried not to locate the bolt too close to the stamped
steel crescent so that the .025 clearance you recommended between the
plate and the locknut was even--this particular locknut tends to be .025
on the side away from the crescent, and 0.00 on the side that abuts the
crescent.  Meanwhile, the other bolt and nut worked perfectly.
Hopefully I'll get motivated to install the mount in the next few days
and we'll see how it works.
Thanks again for the tech tip!
Best Regards
David