Theft

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Theft
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:48:05 EST
I know this is not as interesting as a home built system but it I won  an
alarm with free installation, called a Sidewinder, a car show . It  is a
commercial system with a horn that plays through about four different  annoying
sounds, flashes the lights and deactivates the ignition when it goes  off. It
will
go off when the doors open, any sudden voltage change or any  small impact and
will give small warning peeps if someone touches the  car. It is turned on
with a key fob or will self-set after three  minutes. The greatest problem I
have
is having it go off at  places like a car show or when I'm working on the car
because I forgot  to deactivate it. I have since bought the system for other
cars.