Re: Theft Switches

To: Rich Atherton <aka.gumby@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Theft Switches
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:49:47 -0800
Rich,

Good point.  The electronic tuners of new radios need power to keep
their pre-sets, even without a "key CD".

Hate to try a power line around the cut-off, as the same power does go
to the power bus.  Perhaps the car would try to feed an auxiliary radio
power to the main circuits, and fry the new small leads with starting
current?

Check with Theo Smit.

Steve

___