Re: Previous Owner?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Previous Owner?
From: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:53:26 -0800
Les,

That battery vent system you describe was original equipment on Mk I
Tigers, and the hole and grommet in your trunk floor forward of the battery
is for the vent hose. Drawings and description of this system can be found
on page 157 of the BON.

Quite a few Tiger owners still have those hoses and caps lying around, but
they can no longer be used because the thread on the vented Lucas caps is
not compatible with the thread on current battery cells.

I always enjoy being a concours judge for trunks in stock class, where I
can summarily deduct points for a non-OEM battery, missing vent caps and
hose.  It's much more fun than inspecting original rivets!  :)

Dick