Aftermarket A/C system?

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Aftermarket A/C system?
From: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:41:25 -0700
I am about ready to order an evaporator kit for my Jensen Healey project and
have narrowed it down to Classic Auto Air and Vintage Air products. It looks
like these two companies are the only ones who make an evaporator that will
fit behind the dash, comes with Heat, Defrost and Air and both come with the
electronic controls and servo operated doors. The difference between
them---the evaporator from Classic Auto Air has top mounted vents that face
the interior for the air and four vents on top that face the firewall for
the heat and defrost. This means I would not need to allow for extra space
above the unit for the ducts. The Vintage Air unit has the vents facing up
which means I would have to allow for some space above the unit to mount the
ducts. By the time I install Dynamax there won't be much space left above
either unit. This makes me lean toward purchasing the Classic Auto Air
evaporator. Has anyone had any experience with their products? I have heard
a lot of good things about Vintage Air products and not much about Classic.

Thanks,
Dan Eiland