RE: brakes - stumped

To: "'James Pickard'" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: brakes - stumped
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:10:51 -0800
Jim,

It is fairly common for the master brake cylinder to leak inside the cockpit
and be absorbed in the floor mat and perhaps go unnoticed. I don't recall if
you said you checked this possibility. In any case, unless you bleed the
brakes at each corner, you will undoubtedly still have some air in the
system, which will cause problems when the brakes heat up and the trapped
air expands. I assume that you have looked for leaks at each wheel, but
bleeding the brakes will give you another opportunity to check - especially
the rears.

Bob