Sunbeam Talbot Supreme 90

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Sunbeam Talbot Supreme 90
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:13:25 -0800
Well,  I went and saw the car for the first time. At first blush you
would say holy s**t because it looks awful. Then you start looking at
it. The interior is 110% shot and gone away. Makes it easy to start
over, eh? But the body is inreally good shape, just light rusting from
sitting somewhere in a desert environment. A friend took some photos for
me and I will post them tomorrow. The grill is bent. The engine is HUGE
for a 4 banger, around 4 litres I think. I saw the vin number on the
intake manifold so it appears to be all together. It has independent
front suspension so it is later than a 1951, possibly a 1953 as one
lister said. Car is 99.5% complete as far as the metal stuff goes. The
top is long gone. But I can see the cool potential in it. Nope it is not
mine, nor is it gonna be. I have a race car and a Tiger that eat all my
time and money already. Oh, and Buick 5 on 5 wheels fit... As to
condition, it is a new car compared to the alpine which became the
beginnings of the world's fastest sunbeam (wannabe).

mayf