Re: Rootes Museum

To: RootesRooter@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rootes Museum
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:40:31 -0700
Rootes Rooter, et al

The Sunbeam 1000 hp was built by the Sunbeam Car Company (purchased in
1934 by The Rootes Group).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunbeam_Car_Company

This car was driven to a world record of 203.79 mph by Sir Henry
Seagrave, and was the first car to break the 200 mph limit.
It is currently at the National Motor Museum (GB) in Beaulieu,
Hampshire, England.

The earlier 1925 Tiger can be seen on TigersUnited.com, page 3 of the
"Roots of Rootes".
http://www.tigersunited.com/history/roots3.asp

 The original story was edited from "Sunbeam Supreme. AU"
and is accredited. http://www.sunbeam.org.au/   "History of the Sunbeam
Marque"
and is stated as being in the National Motor Museum at the time of
original publication.  If it has been moved,
this information is not available to me. Please cite references for any
corrections.

I believe that the buyer of the Sunbeam Company, Rootes, acquires all
the rights (except the "SS" marque desired
by Sir Lyons), and is the legal (if now defunct) of all the records,
designs, patents, etc. Just as Chrysler did on their buy-out
of Rootes.

acquired from the race car driver with all rights.

As a note of interest, the "Silver Bullet" did not break any records in
1930, but sure looked like any kid's dream of a
fast car.

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com