Re: Dipstick question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dipstick question
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:55:03 -0700
Bob,
Ahhh..., I see the volume currently is "X" the unknown. You didn't mention a
windage tray in the set up, but likely the level would be the same
regardless. I would think that if someone on the list with a stock pan who
just replaced their oil (to the proper level) put a coat hanger like rod
into the dipstick tube until it bottomed out, then measure the oil depth in
relation to the pans total height it would give you the number you need
(taking into account he slight angle for the tube). Sorry I am not able to
do that given the stationary status of my car for 6 years now.
Tom Witt
P.S. Now the job gets tougher because you will have to check the level many
times as you get close. At least you should only have to do it once. Again,
don't forget to run and fill in all those lines, coolers filters etc.. The
first 5 qt's should be a give I would think