Oil Filter Question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Filter Question
From: "Phil Stafford" <sunbeamtiger_65@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 20:43:45 -0700
Hello all,

I have a 1965 Tiger that is currently running a "stubby" Fram spin-on oil
filter (PH35) and obviously there is not much room to spare when using a
spin-on oil filter in this situation. After exhausting my supply of the
filters that came with the car, I have now found out that this filter is no
longer made. I have been able to cross reference a few other filters to take
its place, but now I am considering making the move to a remote filtering
system. I would love to get my hands on an original bracket and hose system,
but I have had very little luck up to this point.

Can someone recommend an aftermarket system that won't take away from the
original look to my engine compartment? I don't want to drastically modify
anything if possible, but there has to be a system out there that mounts to
the block similar to the original set up. Your thoughts and advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Phil
B9470240

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.