Re: Warning on Fulcrum pins

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Warning on Fulcrum pins
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:47:23 -0700
Michael,
  I have the standards size pins from Derek. In fact, they were the first
set he had made (maybe in 50 years they will be "classics").  The idea was
posed to create the upgrade and he opted to do that selling me the original
ones made. Because he had my pins in his possession Derek shipped them
directly to me. I still have the tube he shipped then in from Africa
festooned with about fifty stamps. I think everyone else had them shipped to
one person in the USA (by the guy who made them) and they were then shipped
out from there. I also recall paying some friend of his in South Carolina
for currency/tax reasons???

 I choose to go with the standard size in case there was ever a change in
the available bushings and didn't want to find myself without a replacement.
I installed them, but my Tiger is still not on the road. There were no
problem other than when I "Logan/Crawley-ed" my crossmember I found the nuts
to barely  threaded on completely with the support block needed in the
crossmember modification. I recall some people found variations in the
length dimensions, but they seemed to be in thousands of an inch and seemed
easily correctable during alignment.
  Tom