Wally Swift

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Wally Swift
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:35:26 EDT
My last quote from Wally Swift gave us something to think about. It  seems we
can conclude that Wally was right, the Tiger production ended because  of
Federal safety regulations. However, if the car had been selling a ton,
Chrysler
would have found a way to do it.  So, lack of sales was probably  behind the
whole thing.

Now another from Wally. I believe it has been said many times that  the Ford
provided from the Tiger was from Fords' industrial division, but was  the same
as other 260's.  Here's Wally's quote from 1998. ("British  Car")
"The engine we put in the Tiger was from Ford's Industrial  Division. It was
a heavy duty engine and different from the 260 you got over  here.  Changes to
the webbing in the block made it stronger than a 260 you  got in a Mustang,
for example.  The casting was different and made it a  stronger block.  That
was normal for the automotive industry when exporting  engines because they
were
beyond factory's control. They cost more because more  went into them."
Mark L.