RE: Washer Bottle Question

To: "'Steve Sage'" <fastsage@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Washer Bottle Question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:23:14 -0400
Steve
        I'm not sure you can do much about the "bronze" color of the bottle
without damaging the bottle material.   I would try some mild chemicals
first maybe white vinegar or a mild acid.   You might want to try some
Wesley's Blech-Wite, white wall tire cleaner.   I have used it on numerous
plastic products and leather with good results, cleans my sneakers up real
nice.   Use plenty soap and water the rinse and clean the bottle after any
chemical application.

        I put a Tudor water bottle and a stock bracket on the left side
stock location about 15 years ago.   Bolt it in and put the bottle in place
with the cap removed then just put the overflow tube in the bottle; your
done.   It works very nicely as an overflow recovery system.   The bottle is
a bit of a tight fit on my Tiger but I can remove with a little effort to
clean out the sediment that sometimes shows up there.

Ron Fraser