Re: Tiger values

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger values
From: vegaslegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:13:48 -0400
Others have written that the Tiger is too different to substantially rise in
value.
I would've agreed when I got mine, but now I believe the sky's the limit
on the Tiger. We're touching on the muscle car craze, the European
sports, Mopar collectors, Shelby collectors, and Ford collectors.
While its not mainstream in any of these, the most important factors
are that 60's four speed top loader coupled to an American V8, no
matter how small. A friend's SS396 ElCamino just went for over $70k.
Another buddy has a 67 Shelby GT 350 fastback that he just turned
down $100k on. That's not a 500, and not a convertible. Sprint
Falcons with the same set-up as the Tiger, and no where near its fun,
flavor or Shelby connection are seen at $30k+. I agree that when the
p**s-away money people seem to be swimming in tightens, there will be
a major correction in the collector market. Nevertheless, this time
when the correction occurs, Tigers will have moved up a notch or two.
When I drive up at a local impromptu show, everything from the Cobra
kits to the 383 Road Runners and Challengers, and especially the Mustangs are
ignored while the
Tiger grabs the 'wow' factor and the interest. It may be rare, and it
may be a niche car, but it is catching on. If the money stays loose,
the appreciation is going to be more than that of other cars as it
corrects to its rightful place.

Bob Nersesian
All on demand. Always Free.