Re: Edelbrock Carb (LM-1)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Edelbrock Carb (LM-1)
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:56:23 -0700
Steve,
  I think the main difference is that this model operates off a "wideband"
sensor and thus indicates a broader range of rich and lean than the model
you have. The style you have while still indicating theoretically ideal A/F
ratios (and a sharp slope on either side) likely doesn't swing far enough to
"customize" the range. If I could put into an archery analogy yours shows
very near the bull's eye and this model shows more of the target.  For those
willing, a simple version can be built using an O2 Sensor, green, yellow and
red LED's,  resistors and possibly a small amplifiers circuit. There are web
sites showing how.

  Too bad Club's don't buy one (to spread the cost) and owners install the
sensor. It might gives Tiger owners incentive to meet and tinker.

Tom Witt