Paint touch up

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint touch up
From: "david hall" <dhhall@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:36:17 -0400
In preparing to attach the chrome side trim on my Mk1A, I found that some of
the holes weren't open.  I thought this was only paint, and poked them open
from behind.  I didn't realize there was a layer of putty, and got a 1/2" wide
crater.  Careful filling, primer, and painting are where I've gotten.  How do
I do final sanding and buffing?  I suspect I'd need to use 400, 600 , 800 or
even 1200 grit.  What about buffing?  Any recommendations re: particular
models of buffers?   David