Re: LAT 79 Hood

To: TM <strombecker@telus.net>
Subject: Re: LAT 79 Hood
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:47:49 -0700
Terry,

There are many pictures of LAT hoods on TigersUnited.com, including
mine.  Pay attention to photos
in the owner's gallery, and various articles,  such as "My Life (with
Cars)" by Y.T., etc.

FYI, there were two hood designs, round corner and square corner,
depending MkI and transition or
MkIA and II, respectively.  Actually the out-of-mold design had square
corners which were trimmed to
fit applications.

Also, were NO "pins" in the body/hood, which was held closed by the
original center clamp hardware.

Pins were a sometimes used by the owner as after market add-ons.

Kent Wilcox, today, makes one of the nicest hoods available.  That is
why his waiting list is so long. My
article.

KENT WILCOX
619-449-8764
619-448-6700 (WORK)
1763 NORTH MARSHAL
EL CAJON, CA 92020

Articles by Larry Paulick:
http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/PaulickRestore/rt-PaulickRestore.asp ,
Installation hints by me:
http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-body9.asp

Good luck, and use "Search" tool for "hood" for lots more.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com