Tires

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:04:46 EDT
I was sent some pictures by a friend supposedly showing Michelin's  new
"airless" tires.  Is this a hoax  or has anyone seen/heard about  them?
The center part of the wheel is some kind of what appears to an an  alloy,
that is surrounded by "flexible spokes" and then a strip of rubber about  an
inch thick.  The theory is that the flexible spokes will give the  cushion and
the solid rubber tread the traction.
So, is this a joke?  I can forward pictures if someone would  like to see the
set-up.
Mark L.